Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascaded multiselect?

Berry Kersten December 20, 2021

I have a use case where I need some kind of cascaded multiselect, eg:

selecting team A and team D

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-20 om 15.55.57.png

I found some examples at https://library.adaptavist.com/search?page=1&products=jira&term=select but my use case does not seems to fit for any of the returned scripts.

Ideas anyone? Thanks!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

There are no single fields (built-in or provided by any major plugins I know) that support this sort of data structure.

You could implement this in a couple of ways with Scriptrunner.

1. With 2 multi-select custom fields (Departments/Teams) and a scriptrunner beaviour script .
    • The team CF would include all teams.
    • The scriptrunner behaviour script would need to hard code or lookup department/team relationship. Or alternatively, the team options all include the department (Dept X - Team A) and then you could use a logic filer.
    • Upon selecting a department, the scriptrunner behaviour script would adjust the list of visible options in the teams cf to only show the combination of teams for all the selected departments.
  2. Using a single text custom field with scriptrunner behaviour select list conversion
    • I'm not sure this would give you the desired user experience, but perhaps worth exploring.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events