Hi JIRA Community,
I'm a total novice and have no prior experience in setting up something like JIRA or any kind of JQL experience etc. :-)
I inherited a legacy JIRA system from a member of my staff who left, and they set up a queue for our clients to raise support queries in.
This works well in principle, however I am currently facing two issues:
- When a client raises a ticket, it lands in the queue with a 'new ticket' marker. When I go in, I have to manually update the status of the ticket, which again is fine, however, when the client then responds to the ticket, there is no notification and nor does it update me on the renewed status of the ticket, is there anyway I can resolve this?
- Secondly, despite searching through numerous settings etc, I'm unable to find a way in which I can have it so that an email notification is sent to me when a new ticket is raised or replied to... The main admin is also not receiving any email notifications with regards to new tickets appearing.
Does JIRA require manual set-up in all respects? I'm not sure I *quite* have the technical acumen to set something like this up (as it seems response time metrics are also quite complicated to integrate....!), any help / guidance very much appreciated.
Thank you,
KC