Hi,
I am trying to connect to a newly set up SQL Server 2016 database (separate server from app server) from Confluence 6.13 and have some issues with user/password authentication.
Previously we used the JDBC JTDS driver and used "domain=XYZ" in the database URL to specify the domain the user, connecting to the database, is part of. However, that do not work any longer, I assume because of the new database driver. Using Integrated Windows Authentication by the way.
I successfully connected to the database if I log on to the server with the same user that has access to the database and set integratedSecurity=true but I don't want to do that.
Database URL that works:
jdbc:sqlserver://serverXYZ:1433;instanceName=HOTELL2016V;databaseName=XYZCONFLUENCE_VER;integratedSecurity=true
If I remove integratedSecurity=true and specify the user/pw I get the following error:
----
Incorrect username or password
SQLState - S0001
Error Code - 18456
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'ADMXTN031'. ClientConnectionId:cc0ed895-9303-4d5a-9f46-3e8187afeeeb
-----
Any ideas what is wrong? Tried authentication=ActiveDirectoryIntegrated but then I get the following problem:
-----
Problem connecting to your database
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot use "Authentication=ActiveDirectoryIntegrated" with "User", "UserName" or "Password" connection string keywords.
-----
Any ideas what is wrong?