I'm trying to connect to JIRA from my app with OAuth2, following this official guide:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/oauth-2-authorization-code-grants-3lo-for-apps
But, I can't figure out where to find the STATE value for the first step of getting an authorization code.
The documentation says : state=YOUR_USER_BOUND_VALUE - Set this to a value that is associated with the user you are directing to the authorization URL, e.g., a hash of the user’s session ID.
Where can I find this value?
state
Wow I can't see how it's useful to copy the documentation he already mentioned in the question... There is no explanation in this doc.
It's supposed to be an arbitrary value. The problem was in something else.
what was the problem ?
Is there another possible values for the state ?You are mentioning a hash of the user's session ID, where can I get those considering that the user is not yet authorized ?
Anyone has any solution to this? How we can generate this hash of the user's session ID?
Please guide us on this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.