I have same workflow for epics, stories and for bugs and within epic issue type I would like to jump over few states how to do this ?
Hi Jouni,
Do you mean that you want to use a different workflow for epics than for stories and bugs? You can do this by going to:
Jira settings-> Issues-> Workflows scheme
Then select your project and associate the epic issue type to the workflow you'd like for epics while keeping the current workflow linked to stories and bugs (maybe as a default workflow).
For that you may have to add a workflow and associate it to the issue type epic:
This document gives more details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-workflow-schemes-802592719.html
Is this what you meant, or did I misunderstand your question?
Carlos
No, same workflow for all issue types.
I just want to use fast lane with epic meaning that I want to bypass review and test states with epic only.
Do you have transitions established from the origin status to the destination statuses you'd like to jump to for epics?
yes
Hello,
If you want to use one workflow but have additional statuses for the Epic issue type, then you would need a plugin for it.
For example you could use the Power Scripts add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
You could write a condition with a code like this:
if (issueType == "Epic") { return true;}return false;
No scriptrunner, will try with jira automation as just acquired that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.