We cannot start the next sprint as it says the active sprint must closed.
The active sprint shows no complete sprint button..
what to do?
Hello,
If the active sprint does not have the complete button, it means that you do not have permissions to close the sprint. You must have the manage sprints permission for all projects, from which your board selects issues, to close this sprint.
No idea why, there were two previous sprints.
The first sprint was not completed but the second sprint was allowed to start and the the third sprint would not not start.
i had to close the first sprint, the the second before it would allow the third to start. Why did the second sprint start?
I have those permission and am the admin. It says user is a member of all groups.
Also, if you don't have permission the button is meant to be greyed out?
In some UI the button is absent, in some UI the button is greyed out.
Parallel sprints are managed in Applications -Jira Software Configuration. You can enable the parallel sprints feature.
A screenshot with the absent button would help.
I was facing the same issue, found no answers online. Logged out of my account and when I logged back in, the complete sprint button was there. I don't know why it happened but logging out and back in worked for me.
I just wanted to note that I had the same issue and logging out and back in does indeed fix the issue.
Same here, had to logout and login to make it appear again.
yes, logging in and out worked for me as well, thanks!
Log out and logging in might help which I have not tried but one of the solutions which I came across was checking the product backlog to see if there are multiple sprints active . This might happen if we move backlog items from one board to another if there are multiple teams working on a common backlog.
Just making sure the user stories are tagged to correct team and correct sprint with no 2 active sprints in a since team helped me .
For people searching for the solution in case, everyone HAS all the sprint permissions on all of the projects on the board and logging off and on again didn't help:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/the-complete-sprint-button-is-missing-from-agile-boards-1188397476.html
Scenario 1 helped in my case and is interesting to know.
Cheers,Marina
This solved my problem because the button to complete the Sprint is only present in the 'Active Sprint' view. Thanks!
I found this really helpful. My problem turned out to be a problem with the main board filter not specifying a project in all cases.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/some-users-can-t-manage-a-sprint-create-start-edit-complete-move-due-to-incorrect-project-permissions-1125881102.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.