I wanted to update all my tickets in jira to sprint end date.
Is there a mean that whenever a ticket is assigned a sprint automatically due date is also updated.
Hi Akhilesh,
Check out this previous post on the topic:
Regards,Earl
The post that the previous person linked is from 2017. Since then, JIRA added smart values with new Sprint values.
This is how I have it set up in my project - obviously you don't have to use the 'comment' if you don't want to.
Its important that you format the endDate with 'jiraDate' because the SprintEndDate is stored in DateTime but the DueDate is stored as only a Date. If you do not fix the format to use jiradate is will break the automation.
Hi @Mercedes Schmitt
I'm using your suggestion, but I'm running into the issue were it resets to the first sprint to be created in a given project as opposed to the current sprint. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
Jordan
Hey @Jordan Richter !
Two things come to mind:1. Make sure your Sprints aren't missing "End Dates" - those can be managed through the backlog.
2. Another thing we noticed with this automation is that you have to "Start" the sprints for it to work correctly on setting the due date - I haven't been able to figure out why Jira requires that. So once you set the start & end dates click "start" on the sprint, then see if that fixes your automation.
----
This article helps with Sprint management and shows how to "Start" and edit the sprint if you haven't had a chance to work with them in Jira:https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/sprints
Thanks for your reply. Those were two things I messed with to test the automation initially with no luck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.