We are running Confluence 5.4.3. When using @mention functionality within Confluence there are some users who do not show up and hence @mention functionality does not work for them. We cannot seem to notice any difference for these users. They have access to Confluence and the space we are using the @mention functionality. Are there other settings we should be looking at to distinguish the missing users?
Hello Dan, there may be an issue related to the application indexing, have you tried to flush the application caches and hit Index rebuild? In case this does not take effect, there is a more invasive reindex from scratch.
Hi Dan,
Usually problems regarding mentions are related to the index of confluence. Can you try to rebuild indexes in confluence admin -> content indexing and check if the users appears again?
Also, are you able to replicate the same behavior on a staging instance of confluence?
Cheers,
Rodrigo
I recently had the same issue, it seemed that some of my users were found twice in the people directory which caused a whole stacktrace in my log file and not finding them using the @mention macro.
I resolved it by following the information here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Duplicates+in+the+People+Directory
And after doing that I did a rebuild of my search index which fixed the problem for us.
Best regards,
Peter
Hi Dan, one of the most common causes to this issue is Conflence index outdated, you may try to rebuild it and see if it helps.
Cheers
We are seeing this same issue, but using Confluence Cloud, where I have no access to rebuild the index (that I can see). Is there something that can be done to rebuild the index for Confluence Cloud?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.