Hi,
I am getting the following errors in JIRA with few plugins:
javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Certificate for <192.168.60.5> doesn't match any of the subject alternative names: [IP:192.168.60.5, localhost, IP:127.0.0.1]
As you can see, the IP mentioned in the braces MATCHES with the one of the IP listed in the Suggested Alternative Names
(Earlier, it was NOT matching. Then I recreated the certificates.
I also came to know that the format for mentioning IPs in SAN is by adding IP: as prefix as above. However, I have also tried WITHOUT adding the IP: prefix and still it throws the error)
- I am evaluating JIRA software on my desktop VMs and hasn't configured any DNS for the Application IP
- I have setup proxy with nginx running on 443 port.
- JIRA application is running on 8080 port with out SSL enabled and configured to use the proxy running on 443 with https scheme.
- ServerBase URL is pointing to the proxyserver i.e., https://192.168.60.5/jira and there is no issue with accessing the application. But I see the above mentioned errors with few plugins, which also may be failing.
Certificate entry in the keystore:
# keytool -list -v -keystore /etc/pki/java/cacerts -alias jiratest
Creation date: Feb 2, 2019
Entry type: trustedCertEntry
Owner: CN="JIRA Test, Jeevan", O=MyCompany, L=Hyderabad, ST=Telangana, C=IN
Issuer: CN="JIRA Test, Jeevan", O=MyCompany, L=Hyderabad, ST=Telangana, C=IN
Serial number: e00a70d182c2e31e
Valid from: Sat Feb 02 16:34:14 IST 2019 until: Sun Feb 02 16:34:14 IST 2020
Certificate fingerprints:
MD5: B4:F2:71:D6:AE:39:9D:61:37:17:82:6C:E0:C5:B8:9E
SHA1: 5E:83:1A:6B:2C:D7:78:4D:C5:1D:81:11:F1:43:F0:6E:08:08:8D:0E
SHA256: 51:42:7A:39:3D:7A:D9:59:04:4F:5B:50:26:3B:98:1F:18:F0:D4:58:A0:9B:B2:A3:1E:C0:02:12:AB:3A:DD:98
Signature algorithm name: SHA256withRSA
Subject Public Key Algorithm: 2048-bit RSA key
Version: 3
Extensions:
#1: ObjectId: 2.5.29.17 Criticality=false
SubjectAlternativeName [
DNSName: IP:192.168.60.5
DNSName: localhost
DNSName: IP:127.0.0.1
]
Any ideas, please suggest.
Thanks!
P.S.: My previous post for the same on discussion form was deleted .. If you are going to delete this post too, please mention the reason. I have checked almost all questions on this site and couldn't find solution for my particular case