According to the Archive a project Support Document (link below) every Project has the ability to be Archived. Is this changed in this latest version?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-a-project-938847621.html
Thanks
Hi Viki,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
What version/flavor of Jira are you using? Cloud, Server or Data Center? Currently project archiving is only available in Jira Data Center. It should be available on Jira Server in 8.0, it was mentioned as one of the features during the Atlassian Server & Data Center state of the union.
I am running on Jira Software (Cloud). I am assuming I need to find other solution for archiving projects then since this is not available to me.
Thank you Mikael for your quick response.
@Viki - Follow the kb article link (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/archiving-a-project-in-jira-server-950287459.html) in the blue box at the top of the page you referenced; it describes a way to "hide" a project; that's the method that we use, and it works reasonably well.
@Payne, thank you very much, you saved me a couple of hours research on what the best method in my situation is!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.