Purpose: Decline/Reject a Request if the Requestor is approving his/her own request.
My method: Create a rule using JIRA Automation as follows:
When: Issue transitioned
From: Manager Approval to Change Manager Review
If: Approvers is Issue Reporter AND Issue matches JQL: issuetype = change and project = ABC
Then: Transition the issue to DECLINED (by selecting the destination status)
The workflow starts with the requestor filling in some fields and they select a Manager from a single user drop down list. On create, the first status is MANAGER APPROVAL where it awaits the 1st approval. I want to decline/reject the request once the APPROVAL is given and in the event the approver and requestor are the same. The next status in the flow is CHANGE MANAGER REVIEW.
The issue I'm having is evident in the audit log:
User Condition passes.
JQL condition passes.
Transition issue fails - No Transitions to specified status could be found for issues.
I have also changed the Then statement so that it selects a specific transition (declined) that is in the workflow after the MANAGER APPROVAL and CHANGE MANAGER REVIEW statuses.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.