Guys
Is there any workaround to restrict moving issues to a specific type ?
For more clarity, I want to block moving issues to ‘Change Resuest’.
I use JIRA 4.4 and 4.4.1.
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Vishnu.
Hi Vishnu ,
You can create a webwork plugin which extends the action on moving issue and put a condition which checks the issue type . you can see all the actions in actions.xml in the web-inf folder . Or you may edit the moveissue.jsp in atlassian-jira/secure/views/issue/moveissue.jsp , i am not sure but you can add a condition in this jsp which checks the issuetype selected and if the type is 'Change Resuest’ give a message.
How can I do this in Cloud version?
Not out of the box. JIRA doesn't have issue type security or controls.
This conversation started in 2012, when it may not have been possible.
You might be able to do it now by having different workflows for each issue type, and for the ones you want to prevent "move" on, place a workflow property on every step that blocks the move permission.
Not sure though, I have not tried it.
I just looked at the doc and didn't find 'move' property
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/workflow-properties-776636709.html
@Joe Pitt: do you have another link? this doesn't work
They say that all roads, lead to Rome. But we’ve lost our way, so let’s try going home.
Head to our documentation homepage that does exist
Should be jira.permission.move.<people>
jira.permission.move.
It's the permission to move
@Legna Garcia- Lithium (this platform) has a bad habit of sticking control characters on the end of links. Try the url again, but strip the %/ type garbage from the end of it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.