Hello Experts,
I have modified sample DIY Backup scripts to work with Microsoft Azure Backup Service (MARS). The issue I am getting is that when MARS is running a backup (while Bictbucket is in maintenance mode) it encounters issues with gc.log and sometimes peeled-tags files across various repositories.
These files are accessible well after a backup is complete and they are reported as 0kb, however, when I open a file with a text editor I can see some contents (few lines) and then kb size is updated since a flush is triggered.
At the end of the backup MARS reports a warning and logs a list of files with DATA FAILURE 0x80070002, most of which are due to gc.log.
Since Bitbucket 5+ has implemented its own garbage collection as per this article (https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/how-to-perform-a-manual-garbage-collection-on-a-repository-867194296.html), I am hoping someone can shed some light into this issue and how to avoid it.
We are running Bitbucket Server v5.16.0.