I have a repositiory 'radhi-thesis' which has an unexpected folder size of 2.97 GB in the local drive and the actual files are less than 500 MB. Could anyone help me out to sort out the space problem as I am now unable to push because of size constraints. Could someone do a git gc on my repo?
Hi Shehjar, welcome to the Community!
I've run a Git gc on your remote and the size has decreased to 909.2 MB. You mentioned that on disk the actual files are less than 500 MB, however, the repo size is not only the size of the files that are part of it. Can you run the following command and let us know the output? This will show us the true size:
git count-objects -Hv
Kind regards,
Ana
Thank you so much for your help!
Yes, it turns out that its 910 MB. My bad. I made some wrong calculations. I just want to know how did you shrink the size by 60%Just so that I don't disturb you.
All I did was to run a git gc on the remote, so all the cleaning and garbage you removed from your local actually took effect and was deleted. Normally it happens automatically after a certain amount of time, but otherwise we can do it too.
Have a good day
Hi Ana,
Could you also run a gc on one of my repo: zip_ios. I reduced the repo size but the size shows increasing. My local only shows 175M.
Thanks.
Gary
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.