When I'm looking at my Average Age chart for the defects in my project, I'm noticing that it's a line that continues going up to the point that the Average Age for a bug is almost 300 days. I know this is not accurate, and I think it's because JIRA calculates this age based on the Resolution and not when an issue is closed. Since a ton of our bugs since the inception of the project were closed as "Unresolved", it's making it look like the age of our issues are close to a year.
Can somebody confirm? Is there a way to make it so it calculates average age based on Created to Closed dates, rather than how long an issue is Unresolved? We have several hundred bugs that didn't get a resolution assigned when it was closed, and it's throwing off our average age by a lot.
If there isn't an easy way to do this, I know that I can go in and Bulk Change all of the resolutions, but I still think it will calculate the time in "Unresolved" as close to 300 days for the average.