Need a query to find out active and inactive Jira project over the last 6 months.
There isn't an easy way to do this really, and when you say "query", you haven't said whether you want SQL or JQL
As a starter in Jira define two filters - one for "updated in the last 6 months" and a second for "updated more than 6 months ago" (both are for ALL issues). Create a dashboard, and put two gadgets on it, both "filter statistics" and grouped by the field "project", one for each filter. That will give you a feel for the age of projects because ones with a large "updated > 6 months ago" and little or no activity in the other gadget will be "inactive"
I wrote a report to do something like this automatically a while ago. I hope to be able to actually finish it and upgrade it to v6 over Christmas...
Hi Nic,
OOPS I was looking for a MySQL query. Is this query correct?
mysql->SELECT count(id) FROM project WHERE ID NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT(project) FROM jiraissue WHERE updated > DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL6 MONTH)) ORDER BY pname;
I need to get the count of active and/or inactive project over last 6 months.
Thanks and Regards,
Rohan
That SQL looks right to me, yes.
Nic,
The above query will get the count of Inactive project(issue updated over last 6 months) but there can be a case where in an issue is created within last 6 months but not updated. In this case even this project is an Active one, so I need to check both the conditions i.e. Created and Updated. Hence which of the following query will give me correct result.
1. SELECT count(id) FROM project WHERE ID NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT(project) FROM jiraissue WHERE updated > DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 6 MONTH) and created > DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 6 MONTH));
2.SELECT count(id) FROM project WHERE ID NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT(project) FROM jiraissue WHERE updated > DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 6 MONTH) or created > DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 6 MONTH));
Note : Both the abobe queries are for Inactive projects and I am confused over "and" and "or" in the query.
I did it with the last date updated per project with SubFactory
select * from (
select project, updated,
max(updated) over (partition by project) as max_updatefrom jiraissue) tempwhere updated = max_update
Can anyone of you provide me MS SQL Command or JQL? I tried the above command but it did not work.
JQL is for finding issues, the best you can do is get a list of projects that have been updated in the last X months, which you can then cross off a list of all projects.
I tried list of JQL's hoping that would be the correct one but can you please provide JQL so that I can make sure I'm on the correct page? I appreciate your comments
updated > -#d
Replace the # with the number of days back you want to go.
I need to run against my Oracle db. It works fine but I get project ID instead of Project Name. What would be the query to list the project names (active and inactive projects) in Oracle db.
i was unable to get the list of inactive projects in jira with the above listed sql query.
SELECT id, pname, pkey FROM project WHERE ID IN (SELECT DISTINCT(project) FROM jiraissue WHERE updated > sysdate - 180 ) ORDER BY pname;
SELECT count(id)FROM projectWHERE ID NOT IN(SELECT DISTINCT(project)FROM jiraissueWHERE updated > sysdate - 180)ORDER BY pname;
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.