When I try to move an issue from "Project-A" to "Project-B", I am not able to because when I initiate the move in the "Move Issue" interface, I do not see the "Current Project" set to anything. I was expecting it to see "Project-A" set there.
How do I go about fixing how to set the "Current Project" field correctly when creating an issue?
Thanks!
What's the "current project" field? There's no such thing in JIRA natively, so is it a custom field? If you really do mean "current project" as in "what prject the issue is in", then you don't need it on screen because the issue already is in that project, and the move process will ask you for the target project.
I inherited the JIRA setup, but I think it is a custom field when I looked at the following article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/moving-an-issue-185729549.html
The graphic on step 3 of the above article shows a "Current Project" field set. The move does ask me for a Target Project that I can pick, but when I pick the "New Issue Type", it always complains that the "The issue type selected is invalid". I know that the "Target project" and the "New Issue Type" are valid selections. The only difference I saw from the above article is the missing "Current Project" field, so I assumed that the "Move Issue" operation probably does not have enough context to complete the operations.
Thanks for helping me out!
That's the target selection screen, it's showing you the current project and let you select a new one. There's nothing missing there.
Try a simple experiment - select a target project first, then an issue type second. Check that fails. If it does, then try "create issue" and select the project and issue type - does that let you create a new issue with the new values?
Thanks, Nic. It's actually the target selection panel where I am having the problem.
When I try to move an issue to a different project (selecting target project first and them issue type) – I get the following failure message (note the empty current project):
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 4.43.00 PM.png
And, yes, if I independently try to create a new issue with the "target project" and "target issue type", it works fine.
Maybe the empty field is fine, and I need to enable something else allowing the "Move".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.