is there Rest API function to add permission to users in confluence , I tried to use the XMLRPC remote API through scriptrunner but it didn't work
I added a custom plugin that include XMLRPC 3rd libraries with no success too
Hello there Mohamed!
Currently, this is not possible by using REST API with Confluence.
We have a Feature Request that tackles this. You can check the request here:
Ability to set space permissions via REST API
However, a third-party plugin may help your objective! You could check Bobswift Command Line Interface (CLI) for Confluence:
How to Get All Space Permissions
We are looking specifically at the addPermissions parameter:
CLI Commands - addPermissions
Let us know if this helps you out!
Thanks @Diego
@Mohamed Adel I'm trying to find a way to set space permissions using REST API as well. Have @Diego links help to find a solution? If yes, could you please help me and send any references on it? I havent find any Feature Request mentioned in his answer...
I found another way . Using Power scripts for confluence plugin . It is free and you can write your own webhook using their simple language then you will be able to call the webhook as rest function easily.
For anyone looking at this in 2023, these answers are no longer correct. It is possible to use REST to manage Confluence Space permissions.The trick is that you cannot do it from WITHIN Confluence. The REST API endpoint is only available if you're not an App (i.e. this rules out ScriptRunner).https://www.kennethmcclean.com/blog/scripting-confluence-cloud-space-permissions/
@Ken We are looking for an API for Confluence Data Center, not for Cloud. The solution you are talking about won't work for Data Center.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.