When using "Agile Simplified Workflow", it allows be to customise what columns are shown on the Sprint Board :
Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 06.52.25.pngHere I want to hide Backlog, as there are hundreds of tickets; no one is interested in them when working on the Sprint, this is not a Kanban board.
That works fine, no column is shown, but now no Backlog items are shown in the JIRA Backlog tab!Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 06.53.15.png
Looking at the Configure page, it states why :
Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 06.52.52.png
This doesn't seem correct, the Column configuration should not effect other parts of the system.
To solve this for my team, I've switched to using "JIRA Workflow", which does the job.
But it seems at odds that I'm not using "JIRA Agile", and the fact that it hints that I should :
> Simplify the workflow for project its to make it managed by JIRA Agile. This will allow Project Administrators to add and remove statuses below.Learn more about Agile Simplified Workflow