When an action is created in a meeting or retrospective and you check the box to mark it complete, how can you document the action taken to mark it closed. It will disappear from the page without the option to provide information.
Hi Brett,
Where you create the action item (i.e. the Confluence page where the task is added) the box will stay. I suppose you're referring to the task report that collects all the tasks from other pages.
If so, there is a column with a link to the original page where the task was created:
You could create bullet points under the task; or a table where one column includes the action items and another column, the details; or you could create a JIRA ticket and include the JIRA ticket in the Confluence page by using the JIRA macro:
Hope it helps,
Carlos
Carlos,
Thanks for the response. Yes I am referring to the Task Report Template. I like the idea of the bullet, but bullet does not show up in the Task Report Status macro.
I would like to see at a glance without navigating to the originating page what the action taken was. Is there a way to modify the task report Status Macro to include that action taken information?
Thanks.
Yeah, I agree that there is not a lot of flexibility. The tasks will "disappear" from the report when they're complete if you configured the macro to show incomplete tasks (you can configure the macro to show complete tasks, but then you don't list the incomplete tasks combined with the completed ones).
In regard to include bullet points, you can do this but finding the original page where the task is, go to the end of the sentence, and click enter. This will add a new task box, but you can convert it to a bullet point by clicking on the 'bullet list" option in the confluence ribbon. The bullet point are part of the task, so they'll show up in the task report.
Thank you for your time and help.
Following your directions, I have tried going to the original page, selected Edit, put the cursor at the end of the line with the Task. Then pressing Enter at the end of the line and a new task box shows up. I typed texted, changed it to a bullet and then published the page. Results shown below.
When returning to the Task Status report here is the result. Same result if the Task has been marked complete or not.
We are using Confluence 6.12.0 hosted on our own server. I am accessing via goggle chrome. If I have missed something in the process please let me know.
Brett
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.