I am testing Jira Service Desk and was wondering if it is possible for an email request to send the automatic customer notification in the correct language. Currently it only seems to send them in the default language although I have configured a translation. I notice however that it is correctly detecting the language of the request.
Hello Kirsty,
Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, can you please let us know if this issue is happening with all notifications?Did you add the language and also enabled it for the customers?Is it happening for any language?
Please, check the documentation below for more details:- Translating your customer portal and supporting multiple languages
Regards,Angélica
Hello Angélica,
I have two languages enabled, French and English. French, is set as the default. When I send a customer ticket in English I get the notification in French even though I have added the required translations. However the language is correctly detected as English and set to English on the ticket created in Jira from the email.
I hope that helps.
Regards
Kirsty
Hi Kirsty,
Thank you for the details.I've checked that the issue that you are facing was reported as a bug:- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6407I was able to check that the customer portal of your instance is login-free, that's why this issue is happening.Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the bug.
Hi Angelica,
It's unfortunate that this is set to a minor issue as it is quite major when you have multi-lingual support channels with requests arriving by email.
Can you think of any workaround?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.