Hi all,
I've written a groovy script that populates the summary w/ a few custom fields on create. The script runs as a post-function before the issue is created, i.e.
The script works but it won't let me create the issue without first entering something in the summary since it's a required field. Is there any way around this?
Thanks!
No. The summary is checked as being mandatory before your script gets a chance to execute.
The closest you can get is a javascript hack that dumps some default text into it so the user doesn't have to type a dummy value in.
Thanks. I thought so..
I tried the js hack but the problem with that is it overwrites the summary on edit.
this may help:
<script type="text/javascript">if (document.getElementById("summary").value == "") {document.getElementById("summary").value = "Some Information:\n";}</script>
Hi I'm goinf to try this but where would I past the javascript. thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.