I apologize if this question has been answered already, but from my initial research I don't think I've seen this question answered. (Also I'm a OD coach not a technical expert of any kind, so please bear with my ignorance in choice of words.)
I currently work on a project team which consists of 3+ distinct organizations each with own e-mail server. We share a team calendar in confluence, where we can add our personal schedules, leave, or training, along with the ceremonies for our various projects.
While the ceremonies are entered with a fair amount of rigor, our personal time is managed in our respective Outlook calendars. It is essential that we are aware of each others availability and of our ceremony schedule in order to collaborate and meet more effectively, and one of the problems we run into is that as users we are reluctant to attempt to manage two calendars.
My initial thought is that we can reach out to our respective IT service desks to request the CalDav Plug-In for so we can sync calendars.
However, it would be handy (if we cannot all get the plug-in) to be able to send ceremony invitations directly from Confluence rather than managing distribution lists for each organization, which could get unruly and even more confusing as we add additional organizations.
Thanks in advance for your help.