Hi,
I am not able to find how to configure the board settings in the next-gen project. Can anyone please help me?
Thanks!
Hi Nadine,
Were you looking for a specific configuration?
For configuration in next-gen project boards, you can currently do 2 rules-
Follow the steps here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/add-rules-to-your-next-gen-board-950285979.html
You can also change around the columns too:
You can add, edit, and rearrange columns to make the board reflect your team's process.
Otherwise, it's meant to be very simple, so you won't see the plethora of options that exist for boards in regular scrum/kanban projects.
Hope this helps!
Carolyn
Hi Atlassian Community,
We hear you.
Currently, there are many features that are configured within board settings.
We are considering working on board settings in FY21, but board settings will be shipped with some features and not all (otherwise it'd take forever to ship), and how we decide which feature(s) will make into the first version of board settings will be determined/sequenced according to various considerations.
Note that the current configuration conceptual model for next-gen is simple, as project-board mapping is 1-1.
Bringing board settings into the picture will require more in-depth research as it introduces additional complexity into the product conceptual model, which will affect new users onboarding into next-gen.
Please vote for this PC ticket to track when/how we're working on it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17331
You can also follow the public roadmap: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#shipped
Regards,
Ivan Teong
Product Manager, Jira Software
Hi Carolyn,
Thanks for your reply.
I was looking into setting the working/non-working days like in kanban/scrum projects. I guess this is not possible in the next-gen project, right?
Thanks so much for your help!
Nadine
You're welcome!
Definitely vote and follow this ticket to see about working/non-working days settings:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17331
Have a great day,Carolyn
Thank you so much for your help Carolyn.
Have a nice day too.
Cheers,
I am also looking for information on how to configure cards on the board in a next-gen project.Specifically, I have enabled a "Reviewer" custom field for sub-tasks, but we need to be able to see who the reviewer is while looking at the board for that field to be useful. Is this currently possible, and if not, has it already been requested / is there an issue I could watch?
Hi Jennifer, can you post your question as a new one please? You will get more visibility and answers usually. I'm not sure if what you ask can be done.
I took a look for the best issue I could find to relate to what you ask and you found it already too https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17336
Best of luck!
Hi @carolyn french , I'm looking for how to change settings for types of estimates (from story points to hours). By default I have story points, but I need hours.Could you please help with it.
Hello everybody,
am I able to add a "done" column again on a kanban board? We deleted it by accident.
Best regards
Philipp
Moreover: isn't it possible to change the type of a column in next gen projects?
Hi Philipp,
For future reference, it's actually better if you post a new question, so that you will get prompt attention.
Are you able to click on the plus to the right side of the board to add a new column "Done" again? If this doesn't answer your question, then please feel free to post a new question in the next gen category. For your second question, I'm not sure what you mean by type of column.
Can we setup quick filters on boards ? I really liked that
Thanks for listening. Looking forward to it.
Thank you for the update on this @Ivan Teong
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.