I have issues to run confluence after installation on vps server. After running ip:8090 the page doesn't load. Checked everything in terms of java, firewall, ports and etc.. Server is running on Ubuntu 18.04.
Olegs,
Does it end in an error message, or just time out? When you started Confluence, what did the logs say? Can you confirm there are no errors there? Is the home directory created properly?
Are you able to load the site from within the VPS and not outside, or neither?
Shannon
Shannon,
Finally, I moved to CentOS. I tried to install confluence around 5-6 times on two different vps hostings. I did it based on official documentation and users guides. The last attempt was made based on this guide Link. Every time I install confluence and postgre sql I have the same issue. I process installation: enter my license, enter my database data and then loading starts. The loading ends with error that it was refused to connect. I can confirm that there are no errors and the home directory created properly. I am able to run the site within VPS.
My logs: Dropbox Link
atlassian-confluence.log for the last attempt with attempt to use embeded database:
2019-01-25 19:26:07,687 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 6.14.0 [build 7901 based on commit hash 9eed016aaa593220cd98620fec88bcbd9fd55893] - synchrony version 2.1.0-master-9d112c9d2019-01-25 19:26:19,042 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] earlyStartup Plugin system earlyStartup begun2019-01-25 19:26:20,867 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder] logDuplicateWarning Package Scanner found duplicates for package 'javax.annotation' with different versions. Files: javax.annotation-api-1.3.2.jar and jsr305-3.0.1.jar'/home/atlassian-confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/javax.annotation-api-1.3.2.jar''/home/atlassian-confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/jsr305-3.0.1.jar'2019-01-25 19:26:24,662 WARN [FelixStartLevel] [extender.internal.support.ExtenderConfiguration] addDefaultDependencyFactories Gemini Blueprint extensions bundle not present, annotation processing disabled.2019-01-25 19:26:28,280 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] logTime Plugin system earlyStartup ended2019-01-25 19:26:28,283 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] lateStartup Plugin system lateStartup begun2019-01-25 19:26:31,434 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] logTime Plugin system lateStartup ended2019-01-25 19:26:33,235 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] init Confluence is ready to serve2019-01-25 19:26:49,653 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-10] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started2019-01-25 19:27:01,283 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-10] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] <init> Loading EhCache cache manager2019-01-25 19:27:53,250 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-10] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Root WebApplicationContext: initialization completed in 63593 ms2019-01-25 19:27:53,378 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-10] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] shutdown Preparing to shut down the plugin system2019-01-25 19:27:53,454 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-10] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] shutdown Shutting down the plugin system2019-01-25 19:27:54,357 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-10] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] earlyStartup Plugin system earlyStartup begun2019-01-25 19:27:56,635 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-10] [org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder] logDuplicateWarning Package Scanner found duplicates for package 'javax.annotation' with different versions. Files: javax.annotation-api-1.3.2.jar and jsr305-3.0.1.jar'/home/atlassian-confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/javax.annotation-api-1.3.2.jar''/home/atlassian-confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/jsr305-3.0.1.jar'-- referer: http://145.14.157.241:8090/setup/setupdbchoice-start.action | url: /setup/setupembeddeddb-default.action | traceId: 00ada052d48c70f6 | userName: anonymous | action: setupembeddeddb-default2019-01-25 19:28:00,750 WARN [FelixStartLevel] [extender.internal.support.ExtenderConfiguration] addDefaultDependencyFactories Gemini Blueprint extensions bundle not present, annotation processing disabled.-- referer: http://145.14.157.241:8090/setup/setupdbchoice-start.action | url: /setup/setupembeddeddb-default.action | traceId: 00ada052d48c70f6 | userName: anonymous | action: setupembeddeddb-default
Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately the Catalina logs are of limited help, and I'd be more interested in seeing your Confluence Server logs.
Could you completely stop Confluence, remove the setup (including home directory, if you can confirm this is a new installation), and attempt the installation again, noting the Confluence server logs and the errors occur at the exact time of:
It will also help to know your Confluence version and Postgres version.
Regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.