When we log in we get the error "The requested URL //index.action was not found on this server." This seems be because when you going to the wiki you are forwarded to "..../"login.action?os_destination=%252Findex.action"
There is a support ticket on the subject of which the solution doesn't work. The web.xml already has the entry "<welcome-file>index.action</welcome-file>". (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Page+Not+Found+After+Log+In+to+Confluence+because+of+Missing+index.action+Line+in+web.xml)
So how do I change this? Is there anywhere else I can change the initial destination and remove the %252F part?
Thanks!
Hi Roelof,
I believe that "%252F" is double encoded of "/" and "%2F" is single encoded of "/". The last segment of the URL has an additional slash which does not exist:
os_destination=%252Findex.action
Usually this issue occurs when Confluence sits behind an Apache httpd server. There is a bug report regarding the additional slash in apache web site as wll.
I would like to recommend you to take a look at our KB for the resolution of this problem.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Cheers,
Saleh
Check if you don't have invisible character in front of index.action. Try moving cursor with arrow keys, if it takes 2 clicks to move, then you have it and you should delete it.
I would almost say: Well, duh. But I checked it anyway and no, there is no extra character there.
What I did notice, is that it is not the only line in the 'welcome' section. The section in full is
<welcome-file-list><welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file><welcome-file>index.action</welcome-file></welcome-file-list>
Yes! Adding NE (no URI escaping) to the RewriteRule fixed the problem!
You are most welcome!
Hi, I have the same problem but when I hit URL browser just hangs spinning wheel then I hit reload and it works after that. Running Confluence behind Tomcat no Apache. Thanks!
Is there any solution for Tomcat?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.