Hi, we are getting a "Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of undefined" when trying to use a username that starts with an 's' or a 'p' in Assignee or Reporter fields, the second I type an 's' or 'p' the Exception is thrown, any other letter displays the matching users, any ideas why? This is happening with all users and in Chrome, Firefox and IE.
Here is the full Exception Error;
An error occurredHide…(6)
Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36
I am thinking that if you can't see anything on the front end, then the SQL is blocking a certain character. ON the math, it just blocks a certain datatype like not = 's' or not ='p'.
What is however interesting is that if I paste a username eg. "smithd" into the Assignee or Reporter fields it lists the corresponding LDAP user which I can select and successfully save the issue. It is only if I start typing the name eg. "s" that the error "The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation." is displayed.
Does the error on the keyboard come prior to entering and closing the command? Or just when the beginning of typing anything? It could be a key-stroking software issue.
It seems like it is a key-stroking issue with key-logging software then.
The error "The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation." is displayed in a popup immediately as I enter an "s" or "p" into Assignee or Reporter fields. When I click on [OK] the full Stack Trace is displayed.
This error occurs in Chrome Browser when you read a property or call a method on an undefined object . Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property of undefined error is probably easiest to understand from the perspective of undefined, since undefined is not considered an object type at all (but its own undefined type instead), and properties can only belong to objects within JavaScript. There are a few variations of this error depending on the property you are trying to access. Sometimes instead of undefined it will say null.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.