If I assign my self a Watcher role for a specific project, then will I will be a watcher to all the issues created under the same project?
Thanks
@vishal03kadam
You will get notified for all the events , for which all watcher roles has been added in the notification schema.
There is no "watchers" role in Jira, although you could have added a role called "watcher". Even if you did that, it will have no effect on the issues watchers. Roles have nothing to do with whether you're watching an issue or not.
Thanks, but the problem is in the notification scheme for all the events all watcher is added still for one project the watchers are not getting emails. I have checked everything all configurations in the notification scheme seems fine. I used notification helper where I specified the project and sample bug of the same project for which the watchers are not getting emails. The notification helper says that the user is not watching the Bug. I am wondering that If the user is been added to watcher role then how Jira is saying that user is not watching the Bug.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- sorry it is a watcher. Do you mean that users who are added to watcher role will not be a watcher for all the issue created under the same project?
Yes. Adding people to the watcher role in the project will NOT make them watchers on any issues. All it does is add them to your custom "watcher" role.
The role has nothing to do with watchers, whatever you choose to call it.
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, if the role has nothing to do with the watcher then how the users in watcher role getting the notification? See the screenshot the first one will show that there are only two watchers of the issue but the notification is rolled out for other 8 users how are in watcher role for that project. The 2nd screenshot is the result of notification helper which clearly says that the user got the notification because he is in watcher role.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.