We have JIRA Core ans Service Desk.
We use Request participants to have developers work on an Service Desk Issue, how can they track/log time?
I am not able to assign them permissions in Issues Time Tracking, please advise.
Hi JF,
Short answer: No. One must be an agent to log time on a service desk project. Options are give them an agent license. OR spawn off a linked issue into their project where they can log their time.
Hope that helps
Susan
Thank you Susan,
No other work around you can think of?
Hi,
Unless you get into some tricky scripting to add in the logged work time from a linked issue. I have fiddled there before, it's not great.
:-(
Bummer, can't come to throwing the towel. I've worked hard to try to make the integration to Service Desk work with our workflow, but it is difficult.
Hi @JF Simard
You can use this app to enable log work feature by non-agent users.
Cheers,
Ok, but Atlassian would loose potential income by allowing this? In my case, I'm looking only for this kind of feature to have only one SM project. Currently it's too risky for me in the cloud instance to go this way, because Atlassian could change it any time -> this would bring me in a stressful situation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.