On Jira Cloud I have a custom field (number) and would like to increment the value between a certain transition in the workflow. How can I do this? Do I just need to create a transition post function on a custom field?
@Craig Bucklow You need to use a 3rd party add-on like ScriptRunner for JIRA. You can use a Scripted Post-function (from this add-on) on your workflow transition and use the code here (Modify it as per your custom field)
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-increment-a-custom-field-value-in-a-post-function/qaq-p/74690
Hello,
You would need an add-on for it.
For example, you could use the Power Scripts add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
You could write a post function with a code like this:
#{Your custom field name} = #{Your custom field name} + 1;
Hi, if you want an old school way of doing this without an add-on or a script I did this:
I created a custom text field then added a post function to status change to add a field value with an 'I' and selected Append Value so every time it passes this state it add another 'I', this resulted in a field displaying 'IIIIIII'
I then used this in a report by exporting into Excel and using the =LEN(cell) to count the number of 'I's in the field.
Very nice, I've used this same concept for AtTask/WorkFront. It works nicely.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.