I was able to set up JIRA behind a Apache reverse proxy using SSL. Unfortunately, after reading the bitbucket documentation, it does not use the same server.xml config file. I read the documentation about using bitbucket.properties file, but there was no such file on my ubuntu server after installing. The documentation is not very specific when it refers to <Bitbucket home directory> /shared. Is this the installation files home, or the data files home? These two are in different folders on my system. To test, I created a shared directory in both of the bitbucket directories and created a bitbucket.properties file. My file has these properties specified:
<Connector port=<default><br>maxThreads=<default><br>minSpareThreads=<default><br>connectionTimeout=<default><br>enableLookups=<default><br>maxHttpHeaderSize=<default><br>protocol=<default><br>useBodyEncodingForURI=<default><br>redirectPort=<default><br>acceptCount=<default><br>disableUploadTimeout=<default><br>proxyName="bitbucket.example.com"<br>proxyPort="443"<br>secure="true"<br>scheme="https"/><br>
I am using a VirtualHost file to redirect traffic sent to my apache server with subdomain bitbucket.example.com to port 7990 on the local host, where bitbucket is listening. I was able to do this for JIRA, but it's not working for my bitbucket server. What am I missing?