I have been trying to edit the PDF export stylesheet, and have run across several issues that I think may be bugs. I'm able to change certain elements of the styles (such as font color) and these render correctly, but even in consultation with our resident CSS guru, we have not been able to resolve the following:
1) Side bar content renders on consecutive pages, rather than as a sidebar on the page.
For example, if I have a page with two Info panel elements in the right sidebar, when this is exported to PDF, the original page will print, followed by two pages that print each info panel on a separate page on the left. If the side bar contains just paragraph copy, this will be printed below all the other content on the page, rather than in the sidebar. We suspect that this is a problem with the sidebar definition (if it exists) in the rendering engine.
2) I have attempted to remove the numbers that precede each chapter/section in the TOC by removing this CSS style:
span.tocnum:before
{
content: target-counter(attr(href), page);
}
However, when I remove it, the numbers are still there.
3) The h1.pagetitle style rule is not being rendered correctly.
Specifically, page-break-before: always is not being observed. I'm actually not sure if the correct element is h1.pagetitle or h1.pagename, but I want to have each new topic appear on a new page, and I assumed that one of these would be the correct style. However, since the rendering engine decreases the heading number for each level of hierarchy, I'm not sure if I should create new h2, h3, etc. pagename/title styles, or if there is something awry with the h1.pagetitle style. I tried increasing the h1.pagetitle and h1.pagename to be huge (48 point), and since this didn't render, I am assuming that something is wrong with the rendering image.
Assistance would be most appreciated, since eventually I do need to create PDF customer docs, and what I'm getting so far is not ready for prime time.