I may be a bit out there but in our organization, it's very common for there to be an "owner" (assignee/reporter/watcher...doesn't matter) of a parent task or user story. I'm finding it very difficult to know when all sub-tasks have been completed, so that I can take the appropriate action on the parent.
We have a workflow setup where sub-tasks of a parent go from To Do > In Progress > Done (closed). But the parent task (lets assume it's a user story) goes from To Do > In Progress > Ready for QA > In QA > Done (closed).
As you can see, there are additional steps that need to occur for the parent task. The auto-transition doesn't work for us, as it puts the parent straight to close, so we have instructed our users not to use that (wish I could turn that off).
How, as an "owner" of the parent task, can I be notified when all of the sub-tasks are completed? Right now, I have to manually check each parent every day (sometimes multiple times a day).