Length of Issue:
I'm not sure when it started, but it's been at least months if not over a year, and we've been through a number of version updates with no change to the behavior. Currently using Confluence 6.6.0 (server).
Description:
When I update a Confluence page via the REST API, the normal page view looks fine. It's updated. When you go into Edit view, however, it shows an older version. If a user does not notice/know it's an older version, and they edit it, then that older version with the new edits is what stays as the new version in normal page view. Then we have to revert to the correct previous version, which works, then redo the edits.
Clues:
I can't be sure, but I think it goes back to a particular version (only in edit view). I know this because I did a bulk update to a lot of pages and removed something, and that's what we look for to know if it's an older version or not. At least in one space.
I started doing bulk updates in another space and notice the same behavior. Only in that space, there's no way to know the version, and there are too many users to tell to look for something anyhow.
Like I said, it's been going on a long time, and there have been re-indexes galore, so I don't think that's the issue.
User Fix (Temporary):
The thing I've found that is a quick fix for a user is to open the page in edit view, make any change anywhere, like press the space bar. Then click Close. When it asks, select Discard all changes without saving. That makes the edit and normal view of the page the same version.
Question:
Is anyone else having this issue?
Pain:
It's weird and annoying. Now it's either update with the API and periodically check versions aren't messed up, then go back and manually compare and fix the messed up ones. Or stop making bulk updates with the API, which means manually updating 10s or 100s of pages. Either way, manual work. Not fun.