In Confluence, I've been making use of the Jira Issue/Filter macro.
In a project summary page, I've created a filter that is displaying Updated and Resolved information.
It looks like Updated is a DateTime, and Resolved is a Date.
The trick I'm getting for an issue that I have just resolved is that it is displaying the following values:
- Updated: Jan 15, 2019 10:42
- Resolved: Jan 14, 2019
Screen snippet below:

I'm guessing that this is a timezone related issue. I am based in New Zealand, which is currently in NZDT (+13:00) - so my assumption is that this is being stored as a Date value using a system-level timezone instead. This would explain why, relative to my timezone, it looks as if the Resolved date is coming through as yesterday's date.
I'm trying to use this particular filter to communicate the project status to a client, and they've requested resolution dates be included. But this is misleading.
I can always just drop the 'Resolved' date from the list and use the 'Updated' date to represent the resolution. That's not 100% accurate as the 'Updated' date may change after the time the issue is resolved, but in practice that will be rare so it's probably okay in practice even if it's wrong in principle.
But that still kind of bugs me. In principle I would prefer this to work so that the resolution date shows the date in my local timezone that the issue was resolved.
So, questions:
- Have I interpreted this correctly?
- Is this a known issue in Jira?
- Is there likely to be a 'fix' for this?
- Is there a workaround or a setting I can change in the meantime to get this to work the way I want it to work?
Thanks for your time!