We are setting up hardware for a dedicated Jira SQL server. I can't seem to find anything on calculating the size of the database or any other requirements.
Any thoughts?
Our requirements guide is here:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Requirements
That doesn't answer my question about database size.
I can't give you a size calculator, it depends on how you use it. But I can tell you that we've got a *lot* lot of data here (couple of hundred thousand issues) and the database is not what I'd call "big".
The test system (around 150k issues) is running on MySQL and has a directory that says:
nic@009jpst:/data/mysql-3306/db/jiradb# du -kh
240M.
However, that is just the database. If you're using attachments, that's a whole different game (they don't live in the database, and we've got a few gig of them)
Thatnks. That does help a little. We're going to set up a test environment and measure DB sizes as we develop to come up with some standards.
Thanks for the quick response.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.