I have migrated a SVN repo to GIT using the Atlassian tool 'svn-migration-scripts.jar' & 'git svn'. Our SVN repo is around 39GB, and migrated to GIT is the same.
I was finally able to get it uploaded up to our bitbucket account (premium account) & i was able to clone the remote repo locally, then when i go to add a file to the repo and push it up its giving the typical: "remote: Repositiory is in read only mod (over 2 GB size limit)....."
I've tried 'git reset --hard HEAD~1' then a 'git push --force'. I've tried everything in the links below, everything to get the repo out of read only mode and actually get things working properly to be able to get the rest of our development team switched over to using GIT.
Currently I'm trying to run 'gitextentions' "Find Large Files" to remove some of the things that *CAN* be removed from the repository to try and shrink it down as much as possible however i know that it is going to be impossible to shrink 39GB down to under 2GB.
What options do i have to get this repo out of read only mode and working properly?
I know this has been discussed several times.
(ref: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/This-repository-reached-the-2-GB-limit-restricting-it-to-read/qaq-p/689097
ref: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-to-push-in-read-only-mode/qaq-p/616817
etc)
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Cheers,
Brad