Hello, can and if yes how can i add something to a user name (for example the department he is working in). Can i do this ?
Why would you like to do it? What would you like to achieve?
Admin console -> users -> user -> edit.
well one teammember is getting confused with all the new names and asked me for it..but i do not yet know if i do it since i think a lot of work to keep this updated always, since teammembers change also.......
Assuming you would like to automate it and have a list of usernames with department name, you could generate a bunch of queries that update the cwd_user table reading out the old username, appending the department and run an update query (display names are in the column "display_name" on MySQL installs of Jira).
It can all be automated to make sure it keeps it all up to date by automagic. I would create a crontab that loops through all usernames in AD, stores username, full name and department in strings and then runs an update on the database once a day or week, offloading all this work and clicking to a simple script.
I would not mess up the JIRA Usernames, I would like them be in a uniformed format. I will however, update the Display Name via an automated way (Jonas' answer) or by manually updating it (Vasiliy's answer).
thanks,, what exactly it the Display name and where can i update it ?
In the User Management screen, this is the "Full Name" column. This is the one that is being used in the JIRA issue view screen for JIRA accounts.
ah ok so you mean i should add any information regarding the users to their "Full Name " ?
I would not mess with the username at all. I would create a separate custom field that put their department number in the requests/issues/tickets.
Hello, why would you not mee with username or full names (not usernames)..what is the inconvienience ?
I can not understan what does it mean.
hello i mean , what would be the risk if i add something to the names ? ( Full names)
I have changed both of it several times for users and haven't faced any trouble.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.