I have no access to the little gear you suggest either... all I have acces is to invite a user.... and, my vue is way different that the one you show in your answers...
Thank you
From this, we can't be sure what documentation you are looking at, or what your system is.
Cloud and Server/DC systems have very different UIs, but also separate documentation. So, first, have a look at whether you're on Server or Cloud (generally, if your menus are across the top of a screen, it's Server/DC and if they're to the left, it's Cloud), then second, check that you're reading the right docs for your system.
If you still can't find it, let us know!
I am having the same issue. Tried to follow the instructions here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/create-edit-or-remove-a-user-938847025.html - for creating a new user. Logged into Jira at https://my.app.name.atlassian.net/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa , navigated to Settings->User Management. There are only "Invite Users" and "Export Users" buttons and text boxes for inviting users by email. No Create User option. Any remedy?
I managed to add a user eventually by navigating to Settings->Projects->MyProject and click on the Add People icon.
This^! I have full permissions and there is no option to "create user" where is it? Wasted so much of my time looking for this. Why can't I just create?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.