Is it possible to insert and edit tables in JIRA in the same way it can be done in Confluence? If so, how???
Hey @Kara Pastour,
If the basic Jira table is not enough, you could also just use the Table Grid app for Jira.
It offers rich table functionality. Plus, it allows you to view and edit tabular data, stored on local or external databases.
It also looks pretty sleek:
Anyway, we are the developers of the app. So do let me know should you have any questions at all!
Cheers,Stefaan
Yes, you can enter tables into Jira. If the field is of the Rich Text type then you should have table options in the bar. See the below screenshot.
Thank you so much Stefaan - appreciate your reply! We were needing to add a fairly complex data table to one of our JIRA tickets and I was confused as to why adding a table in JIRA was so different from adding a table (WYSIWYG format) in Confluence. I'll check out the table grid editor add-on.
Thank you!
Kara
@Kara Pastour glad I might have been able to help out!
Again, if you have any questions, shoot.
FYI, you can also reach support directly at support.tge@idalko.com. Or just start a conversation in the live chat tool, whatever you prefer .
how can I insert a table with 100 by 15 rows w/o typing it in?
I tried to insert a MySQL data from DataGrip as a table in comment section, but that not works.
So I pasted this data to LibreOffice Calc and copied from there to a comment section and it was successfully inserted as a table
THX
This is not the way to do it anymore. There is now a "table" button, and you can't use mark up. Additionally, the new formatting is terrible such that you can barely see any of the data in your tables.
The fact that you can no longer use markup is just plain awful.
What is worse is that the internal formatting of the data in the table is held as the old-style markup. So if you ...ahem... accidentally delete it, and then try to restore it, you can't.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.