Situation:
I built our Jira server instance in azure (using windows server 2016 vm and Azure SQL DB). All went smoothly until the instance health check ran post install and I found that the default Azure SQL db collation 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' is not supported.
The only way I have found to change this is to export the db and load it onto an instance of on-prem SQL, then change collation and migrate back into Azure SQL. This is all well and good if you have an on-prem sql instance, which unfortunately I do not.
Questions:
1) What is the impact for Jira 7.13 using this database collation, safe or not?
2) As I have only just built this instance, should I just tear it down and start again? or is there an easier way to change and rebuild the DB once the installation has completed?
Thanks in advance for any insight into this!
Matt