I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 (I think...) and tried to install some what turned out to be very crappy software to configure an Ubiquity router. The installer installed mongodb and also updated java to java8. Once that was done, it appears as though the entire crowd database is empty!
I can't get logged in or anything... This server has been off-line for two years and I dusted it off the other day. I was able to get logged in and see all of the old stuff in the database (Jira and Confluence) but after this crappy Unify software install, now I cannot log in or do anything. I got into postgres and tried to do a select on several crowd and jira tables but the queries return nothing.
I don't even know where to begin. Some pointers in any direction would be greatly appreciated!
UPDATE: I was able to view data in the tables! Whew!! So, now the question is why can I not get logged in. The login page keeps putting up a captcha, but no matter what I enter, it is rejected. Can the version of java be causing a conflict? I also updated postgres to 9.6.3. I know there is a config file, dbconfig.xml, that has an element, database-type, that appears to be identifying a postgres version. It says, postgres72. Since postgres was updated is there a different value that needs to be used?