I am trying to use the "Send for shared commenting" feature in Adobe Acrobat (2017 Std, Windows 10.) Acrobat allows you to sync comments between users with access to a shared drive (network drive or webdav folder.) I can connect to a Confluence webdav folder from Acrobat, and the comments directory is created. However when I try to push or pull comments I get prompted for authentication again and it fails.
The /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/atlassian-confluence.log file shows
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019-01-07 14:11:42,009 DEBUG [https-jsse-nio-8444-exec-18] [atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator] getUserFromSession getUserFromSession : Session found; BUT it has no Principal in it
2019-01-07 14:11:42,010 DEBUG [https-jsse-nio-8444-exec-18] [atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator] getUserFromCookie getUserFromCookie : Got username : 'null' from cookie, attempting to authenticate user is known
2019-01-07 14:11:42,011 DEBUG [https-jsse-nio-8444-exec-18] [atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator] getUser getUser : User not found in either Session, Cookie or Basic Auth.
2019-01-07 14:11:42,011 DEBUG [https-jsse-nio-8444-exec-18] [atlassian.seraph.filter.SecurityFilter] doFilter doFilter : Setting Auth Context to be 'anonymous '
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acrobat works with webdav shares from Sharepoint and Owncloud (similar to dropbox) so I think there is some weird authentication interaction between Acrobat and Confluence. The product management and issue tracking features are much better in Confluence than Sharepoint and not ridiculously overpriced.