Hi,
I've followed the instructions on https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver0410/lockout-recovery-process-858574265.html but when I then try to log in to Bitbucket site with the recovery_admin account and password I set in the setenv.bat file it just says "Invalid username or password."
Am I missing something? I've also tried to restart it a few times and checked the config file for typeos and blanks but all look like it should.
In this case, it looks like you have Bitbucket started as a Windows Service. is that correct? – so the modification made into <Bitbucket Server installation directory>\bin\setenv.bat as suggested on the 'Lockout recovery process' article will not be picked by the instance, meaning that you won't be able to log in as recovery_admin user.
In this case, instead of trying to start up the Bitbucket from the command line, I would suggest trying to modify the Windows Service, and to do so, according to How to update the JVM configuration for a Windows service, we'll have to do as the following:
tomcat8w //ES//AtlassianBitbucket
7. -Datlassian.recovery.password=temporarypassword
Remembering to modify the password as you wish.
Once you recover access to your Bitbucket instance you should be able to fix your administrator account and access to the instance before removing the recovery_admin user (by removing the parameter above from the service)
Hi @Jonathan Huss, Welcome to the community.
Have you started the Bitbucket manually or as a service?
Try starting your Bitbucket manually by running
<Bitbucket Server installation directory>\bin\start-bitbucket.sh (or start-bitbucket.bat on Windows)
<Bitbucket Server installation directory>\bin\start-bitbucket.sh
start-bitbucket.bat
And let us know how it goes.
Thanks,Ram.
Yes I've tried that but it only gives me a command prompt and I have no idéa how to navigate in there to change the admin account
While executing the above command your bitbucket application will start and it can be accessed from the browser. And you can follow the instructions from step 3 from the page referenced by you.
You can run the command "\bin\start-bitbucket.sh -fg" for a detailed log of the application start.
Got this reply in the forum from Atlassian support which solved it:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.