I want to return the results where all of the description fields contain upper case "EMV" so the data might have been entered in upper case or lower case, but I need all records containing this sub string.
Hi @Rafel Coyle
Jira uses Lucene for text searching and it is case sensitive.
You need to CONTAINS(~) operator
e.g.
Description ~ “EMV”
My question is for the situation where the database contains upper or lower case characters and I need to convert the data field to upper case for comparison. So if the database contains Cat or cat I want to compare to CAT and get a match.
Hi
the Jira lucene index searching is case sensitive and there is no way around that AFAIK
but you could try
description ~ “Cat” || “cat” || “CAT”
cumbersome but should work
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver072/search-syntax-for-text-fields-829092675.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.