As Per https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-configuration-159764.html :
Your Confluence installation includes an embedded H2 database, to enable you to try Confluence without setting up an external database. The embedded H2 database is only supported while you are evaluating Confluence. You must migrate to a supported external database before using Confluence as a production system.
...
Just purchased a license to turn my eval into a purchased copy. I then learned that I had to migrate off the embedded H2 DB to something else. I chose MySQL.
Unfortunately the instructions do not explain how to configure it to work with MySQL 5.7 (listed as a supported DB).
See the following link:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-mysql-128747.html
Under "To Configure MySQL Server", look for item 1. Run the MySQL installation wizard.
Clicking "Reconfigure" doesn't provide an "Advanced configuration" option in MySQL 5.7.24.
You have two options: Standard Alone/Cluster MySQL Replication and Sandbox InnoDB Cluster Setup (for testing only).
Please provide me the steps to get my system up and running. We rely on this everyday and it's lame that you don't have instructions on how to setup this up after I shelled out money to go from eval to production. Thanks