So I've been having issues running Jira on localhost:2990 and was following the troubleshooting guide. When I get to the properties and options step and follow these instructions:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/setting-properties-and-options-on-startup-938847831.html
I noticed that the folder for Jira doesn't exist, would this be a reason it's not running? If so how to I go about getting to where I need to be on this registry?
Given the port of 2990 - that is the default port to run Jira when using the Atlassian SDK. Are you using the SDK here? If so that would explain why you don't have the same startup options that a typical Jira Server deployment would have. The SDK works a bit differently because it's geared more towards developing plugins.
That documentation you refer to is accurate for Jira Server installations. But I don't believe it will necessarily apply to a Jira instance generated by the atlas-run script from the SDK.
As for troubleshooting Jira startup issues, I would suggest trying to dig into the $JIRAINSTALL/logs/catalina.out file. This log file is generated by Apache's Tomcat, the java webserver that Jira is using to host its website. I would expect this log to have more details if Jira is having problems startup up, even in an SDK deployment.
Yes! I should clarify that I'm trying to use the SDK and test a plugin, but I can't seem to get Jira to run on port 2990. It simply says the site can't be reached/refused to connect. Also apologies for the late response.
How can I show you my catalina.out file? It won't let me paste it in here.
You could upload that file to a service like dropbox or google drive and then share a link here with us about it. I'd be happy to take a closer look to see if we can understand what might be preventing Jira from starting up.
Awesome, thank you! Here's the link, I've tried a couple of things from the troubleshooting but none seem to work. I swear I had this going before and then I had to uninstall and reinstall and now it just won't start.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-GjXUB5OJvgU1hmd1dGOUVxMlFVMDcwVnpYeGpGR21wcUQ4
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.