Hello All.
I would like to understand If we can assign multiple components to one issue type(Story or Bug).
Yes, issues can belong to multiple components.
Component is a single select list. They each can have a lead and if the component is selected you can configure JIRA to auto assign the issue to the component lead. Allowing multiple components would break that relationship.
You can create a custom multiple select field to use, but it won't have the auto assign feature.
Hey Manikanta,
Yes, you should be able to assign multiple components to the same issue.
Tyler
Not quite - the system "component/s" field is multiple select naturally. Some of us disable that with code. But if you put multiple components on an issue, the "automatic assign" will pick the "first" component lead it finds amongst the components you've added.
Defining "first" is a bit fuzzy - I can't remember what the rule is (I suspect it's the component with the lowest ID in the database)
The first will be the default assignee of the component that is first alphabetically.
Thank you all!
Ahh, thanks @Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_ ! I will try to remember that!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.