I need to correct a customer's first name. How do I do that?
are you on server or cloud?
Cloud - Jira settings > User management > Jira service desk > portal only customers, search for customer click their name click Edit.
It took me a couple of minutes to locate the right place. Finally I found the spot and was able to edit the name.
My main issue is why on Earth I can't do this on the service desk project → customers, where I am offered with a pop-up "Show profile". As a final insult that "Show profile" leads to an error page saying that the user doesn't exist. WTF??
Hi Juha, I don’t see view profile under my Customers screen. Maybe you are on Server. While I have not researched it, I do not believe user profiles apply to Customers (JSD portal only users). I wish they did for the purpose of recording customer contact info but that is, as yet, not supported.
in any event glad you found the are to edit the email. I have taken this opportunity to update this post to reflect the newest navigation UI.
to get to the user management admin are click on the COG icon in the top menu bar, choose User management and then go to Jira Service Desk screen.
We are on https://mycompany.atlassian.net, that's all I know.
If I go to see a classical service desk project, which we have by customer companies
https://mycompany.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/mycustomercode
the first page shows me the queue "All open". On the left navigation bar below the "Queues" is "Customers". Now if I open that page, I see a list of organisations and personel of that customer company plus our own personel assigned to that service desk.
If I hover the mouse over any person's name, I get a pop-up dialog with the avatar (if any) of that person, the person's full name and a link "Show profile". That link works only for our own personel. For all customer personel I get the error page, as if the functionality weren't there.
I feel myself really dumb that I can't get from there to see and edit the customer person's profile.
Atlassian has made all this person handling unnecessary convoluted.
I found out how to do this, using Jack's original instructions, but here's my take;
Note: you must be your Site Administrator to perform this.
Note2: We are using Jira Service Desk Cloud
Problem:
A person's name (JoeBloggs) has been assigned to a partner's support e-mail; (e.g. JoeBloggs - support@company.com) which isn't accurate or helpful.
Solution:
I'm starting from the Queues screen in Jira Service Desk.
Hopefully that helps someone, as I initially searched and came to the false conclusion that it couldn't be done (pretty typical answer when dealing with Atlassian) but then Jack here made me give it a look, and works out this is actually possible. Why you can't do this from the Customer screen is quite unbelivable, but we got a solution in the end.
And even quicker... type “gg” and chose user management
This procedure used to work but it seems with the new user management interface, the Jira Service Desk user management is gone.
Anyone found a way to rename users another way ? or is there a minimal Jira Service Management plan to have this feature ?
Select the cog on the top right and go to "User Management" This will open a screen showing all your organisational users.
In the panel on the left select "Jira Service Desk" You will see all your customers listed. Select "Edit Full Name".
I have also been searching for it and just found it now. Hope this helps.
I did found out after some google around
Thanks,
Hey guys,
we have the same issue with the wrong name for customer account created from an email. Your solution does not fit for our site - in the user management we do not have a "Jira Service Desk" option, there are just Users, Groups and Managed Accounts (for the atlassian access domain)Am I missing something, or looking at a wrong place?Thanks
You are not missing anything, the option has disappeared from the Administration page ... it used to be there but now it is gone ... and there does not seem to be another way to get to the page to rename portal accounts? This is a major concern for us as we manually create our customer portal accounts in the customer screen which only uses the email address.
This appears to be a bug or feature loss in recent-ish update
I agree, the administration side of Jira and Jira service desk is very convoluted and spread across different screens making simple admin tasks a chore (to remember where to do them).
Dear Stuart Mills, thank you indeed for this work-around. The only thing which worked for me. Not being able to mainmtain customer profiles is nearly killing the usage of Service Desk.
Unfortunately this does not work anymore since atlassian changed GUI and removed portal users editing possibility.
@MDCTECH Service Desk
Got to Administration --> Products --> Click your "Company Site"
On the menu bar is Jira Service Management --> Customers Portal
The screenshot is in Spanish but hopes you get the idea.
Thank you, Sebastian.
Thank you.
Not exactly an improvement.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.