I got a really frustrating issue with attachments.
PNG files start to disappear from Confluence pages. When you edit a page, there's no idication of an embedded image anymore, however, when viewing the source of the page the links are there.
Given the idiotic way confluence stores files in filesystem mode, I may be wrong, but from what it seems the numbered directory containing the attachment is missing from /attachments folder and the attachment table in the database also has no entries for the filenames.
Both logs have no problems detected.
This seem to happen only to .png images, and from the filename like image-date-something.png, they were copy-pasted to the page from elsewhere.
I doubt the attachments were deleted by the users.
I'm having trouble selling the ugly solution to the customers beside that, and now with Confluence deleting pictures from people's work I spent so much time convincing...well, I'm in hot liquid, and that is not water.
Why does this piece of crap deletes pictures and how to stop that?